[Scriptoris] Steppes Warlord 2005

lizdenpeters@juno.com lizdenpeters at juno.com
Wed Apr 6 23:08:18 PDT 2005

Good Gentles,

Steppes Warlord is fast approaching.  This year, the scribes who have
worked so faithfully for so long to do the final lettering for our prize
scrolls will be unavailable to help.  Most of the scribes doing the
calligraphy this year, such as myself, are rank novices.  We will have as
much of this work done prior to the event as we possibly can so that,
hopefully, only names will need to be entered for the champions and
winners of the other competitions.

If any on this list would be attending and available to help a bit with
this endeavor, we would be (pathetically) grateful.  We will have
exemplars of the hands we will be using, and, if you need one ahead of
time for practice, please e-mail me privately and I will mail you a copy
of the exemplars as soon as possible.  We will have several light tables
available.

I am not above using bribes to enlist help; however, I will need
information on what type of bribe will be most attractive.  I am also
considering setting up an area with nerf  bats and a target in the event
we need stress relief that cannot be provided by consumption of
chocolate.

Yours in Service,

Lady Fionnghuala the Fair ~ "Nuala"
Who is Assisting Baroness Muireann with this Project this Year
Central Regional Scribe

"Everywhere I go, I'm asked if I think the university stifles writers.
My opinion is that they don't stifle enough of them."
             * * *   Flannery O'Connor  * * *