[Scriptoris] Raven's Fort Defender Champion scrolls

Corbisier, Barbara L barb at tamu.edu
Fri Aug 12 23:50:45 PDT 2005

Greetings all Scribes and potential scribes!

Enjoyed painting charters?  Always wanted to do an original but didn't have the opportunity?  Well
here's your chance!  The Raven's Fort scribal guild needs people to do Champion scrolls for the
upcoming Defender of the Fort event.  Right now, only Rapier is spoken for, so everything else is up
for grabs.

Want some guidance?  We'll be having a meeting when I get back from Pennsic (sometime after Aug.
20th) and we can talk about how to go about doing an original scroll.

Remember, this doesn't necessarily have to be calligraphy and/or illumination.  Lady Isobail did a
really neat blackwork scroll last year, and I've seen soapstone and wood carved scrolls, and some
painted on leather.

We're leaving for Pennsic in a matter of hours, but I'm hoping to check e-mail a couple of times while
we're there.  Otherwise, the first person who posts to the list that they want to do a particular scroll
gets it!  (interpret that however you want....  ;)

Partial list (in my Pennsic panic addled brain I'm sure I'll forget a few...)
*Heavy
*A&S
*Equestrian
*Rapier (being done by HE Crystal)
*Bardic

-Lady Catherine Barbary

--
Orationem pulchram non habens, scribo ista linea in lingua Latina.