[Scriptoris] Charters and Insignia for the Kingdom - a note from Sable Scroll

Kimberly Koch sarapenrose at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 29 20:42:31 PDT 2005

Greetings!

I would like to remind everyone that the Arcus Majoris
(the grant-level archery award) is now the Arc d'Or,
so please do NOT paint any more Arcus Majoris
charters! If you have blank Arcus Majoris charters,
please discard them - they can no longer be used. If
you have Arcus Majoris charters that are already
painted, consider using them to start a scrapbook of
examples for your local scribal guild. The new Arc
d'Or charter will have similar artwork, so unused,
painted Arcus charters will make great examples for
beginning scribes to work from.

Also, as Sable Scroll, I am often asked which insignia
and charters are most needed by the kingdom. So, here
is a list of which items would be most helpful at the
moment:

Charters:

Rising Star (I especially need these!)
Crane
Centurion
Golden Lance
King's Archer

Insignia:

Sable Talon medallions (I especially need these!)
Sable Crane medallions
Sable Thistle medallions
Sable Comet medallions

The document found at this url contains pictures or
descriptions of most of the award insignia:
http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/docs/AwardTexts1999.pdf

Not included in this document is the Sable Talon
medallion, which is:

(Fieldless) An eagle's leg erased à la quise sable.

This badge is similar to the one for the Optio (now
closed), which is pictured on this website:

http://www.ansteorra.org/heraldry/honors/closed/optio/index.php

The badge for the Talon should be as pictured at the
URL above, but the eagle's leg should be black, and
there should be NO border. Because the badge is
fieldless, the background could be or (yellow/gold),
argent (white/silver), or perhaps left the natural
color of the medallion (wood, metal, leather, etc.)

If you have any insignia or painted charters that you
would like to donate to the kingdom, you can give them
to me or to the Crown at any time. We will be at
Gothic War this upcoming weekend if you'd like to make
a delivery!

Please feel free to contact me if you have any
questions at all.

My sincere thanks to all the hardworking artisans of
the kingdom who so generously donate their time and
talent to create lovely new painted charters and award
insignia for the kingdom. :)

Warmest regards,
Sara Penrose
Sable Scroll