[Scriptoris] Lost scrolls due to Katrina

Corbisier, Barbara L barb at tamu.edu
Tue Sep 13 13:44:25 PDT 2005

A few thoughts:

1.  Does Meridies do charters, or do they do originals?  Whatever their
preference, it would be nice to replace their lost scrolls with the same
thing (or better).

2.  If there is an on-line listing of who has received Meridies awards, we
could start there.  The problem with that is that with older awards, those
people may no longer be playing, so it wouldn't necessarily be as crucial to
get their awards replaced as those who are current, I think.

3.  We could focus on a particular award, like AoA's, and do a bunch of
blanks for just that award.  Other Kingdoms could focus on different awards,
and we could get replacements that way.

I don't believe this is too soon, as we all know scrolls take a while to
do.  It will take some time to get everything replaced, and it would be
really nice to be able to hand somebody a pile of replacement scrolls that
are ready to go on the wall once they've moved into their new place.

In service,
-Lady Catherine Barbary

Jennene Stanley <mooharpist at cox.net> said:

> Greetings,
>
> I know that this might be a bit early, but maybe something we can start
> the ball rolling. Like everyone else, I have been thinking about our
> fellow SCA people in the areas that were in the path of Hurricane
> Katrina. I have a regular painting group started here and was wondering
> if perhaps we could get some  their blank scrolls and paint them. I am
> willing to coordinate the effort. (or get together with the person who
> is doing this). I know that this is secondary to replacing the
> necessities of life but I am remembering someone telling me (after a
> house fire) that she really wished that she had her awards replaced. It
> would be a huge undertaking but if we spread it out among several
> painting groups it might be do-able
>
> Would this be something that we could do? (or is it already being done?)
>
> Anya
>
> --
> Jennene Stanley
>   "There is nothing like an appeal to honor. It is a virtue that all
>    crave, even those who lack it. Fundamentally, honor is itself a
>    debt, a code of behavior, a promise, something inside yourself
>    that you owe to the others who see it in you."
> 			      -Tom Clancy, "Debt of Honor"

Orationem pulchram non habens, scribo ista linea in lingua Latina.