[Scriptoris] Fwd: [Ansteorra] Children's Badge classes at Crown

sandra goodrich tgnst at swbell.net
Tue Sep 27 04:18:56 PDT 2005

Tada...Taught the first children's badge class in the area of studies for Adria at Queens Children's College this past Easter... It worked out favorably, :-)...
I taught an introduction to charter painting table to 4 young ladies with visits from several adults. I believe I had a two hour block.of time and that my ladies were all 10+ yrs of age...
We began by washing our hands and rolling our selves, washing our table, had lecture on materials and tools and the handling there of, courtesy for working in a group setting, surveyed finished charters and original works, picked charters and commenced with lab, befor being dismissed each young lady got an impromptu oral exam...sigh
I signed each of their scrolls and they were awarded with badges that night, I believe that each young lady is prepared to attempt group charter painting with their elders...:-)...'Stacia

Hillary Greenslade <hillaryrg at yahoo.com> wrote:
Greetings to scribes of Ansteorra-
I'm forwarding to you a message from Baroness Adria, new Minister of Children, regarding a badge
system for the children of Ansteorra. I've done my share of calligraphy demo's over the years, as
well as a few charter's to paint (grin), and find that many children around 10+years have
developed enough hand-eye coordination to begin working with painting and calligraphy.

To that end, here is a challenge for some of you to offer a class to the older children to learn
calligraphy and charter painting. Contact Baronss Adria if you decide to host a class at your
local event; I'm sure she would love to give you the details for badge gathering.
This is a great way to see scribal skills taught to the next generation, and one I highly
support!!

Adria - count me in to teach a calligraphy class to children (age 10 and up), at Stargate Yule in
December.
Cheers, Hillary Greenslade
Star Signet Ansteorra