[Scriptoris] Ansteorran Scribes Web-Admin deputy requested

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 3 15:49:08 PDT 2005

Greetings,
The Ansteorran College of Scribes is seeking a scribal deputy for the management and maintenance
of the Scribes webpages.

Applications should be sent to myself, Star Signet; with the deadline by October 31st, 2005.
Please include any links to websites you have built; and a copy of your SCA membership; this is a
warranted position.

Design Specifications:
* The current scribal site is in need of many updates for names, meetings and contact info; so
much immediate work is required.
* Gallery work of scribal artisans will contain graphical files, and you maybe requested to assist
in quality scanning of scroll work at quarterly events.
* While you don't have to be a scribe, we do wish for candidates who have an appreciation of the
artform.

Technical Specifications:
According to the Kingdom Virtual Scribe, HL Chiara, a web-admin for our pages will
require the following specifications, in order to work with the Ansteorran servers:

--Must have reliable internet connection and reliable email.

--Must be able to work in HTML, PHP, JavaScript, CSS, create graphics,
(FrontPage and Microsoft extensions are not supported by this server)

--Be able to subscribe to the Scribes and Webministers mailing
lists at minimum.

--The candidate must also be familiar with how to code to keep up our
IRCA rating (http://www.icra.org/about/) which keeps us in compliance with
conformance level Double-A of the WCAG. This is only _suggested_ criteria as
a part of our Non-profit status.

--Please download the EPM policy for further information and the Ansteorra
Virtual Scribe Handbook on other qualifications and requirements that are
society and kingdom specific.
http://www.sca.org/officers/epm/EPMPolicies.pdf
http://www.sca.org/officers/chronicler/ChronPolicy-200104.pdf
http://www.ansteorra.org/publications/law/vscribe.php

I look forward to receiving your applications, please contact me if any questions,
Regards, Hillary Greenslade
Star Signet