[Scriptoris] questions on colour

M TURNAGE ceinwen7777777 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 14 13:03:25 PDT 2005

Hi Clare,

Winsor & Newton Designer's Gouache is the best brand, actually the only
brand that I will use for paints.  Colors?  Well, here's a basic set of
colors to get you started:  Cobalt Blue, Alizarin Crimson, Cadmium Yellow
Pale, Permanent Green Med., Zinc White & Permanent White

Books:
  Marc Drogin's Medieval Calligraphy
  History of Illuminated Manuscript by Christopher De Hamel
  The Illuminated Page by Janet Backhouse

BTW, I'm at work too and would rather answer your questions than work.  ;-D
Have a great weekend!

In service,
Baroness Ceinwen~