[Scriptoris] Western Regional Scribal Deputy - applications accepted

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 25 17:00:15 PDT 2005

Greetings,
It's been several years since the Western Region has a Scribal Deputy, so I am now accepting
applications immediately, with a deadline by November 30th. Applications w/copy of SCA membership
(this is a warranted office); should be sent to Star Signet (see back of Black Star for contact
addresses).  I realize that the scribal arts can be a unique and singular skill, so it there are
none in the Western Region who yet fill qualified to hold this deputy position; I will consider
applications from candidates who regularly travel to the West, but reside in a neighbor region.

Duties for Regional Scribe including maintaining a master set of charter award scrolls (provided
by Star Signet), making copy's of charter scrolls and distributing throughout the region,
collecting painted charters to forward to Sable Scroll, coordinating the occational charter paint
tables at varied events, educating scribes on how to produce original scroll work, coordinating
commissions for original scrolls within the region as needed and when possible, and assisting in
scribal classes and securing teachers for classes on the scribal arts at regional collegiums and
recording and reporting on the artistic efforts of scribes in the region.

Any questions about the office, feel free to contact me.

In service, Hillary Greenslade
Star Signet