[Scriptoris] Greetings from Hillary, returned from Pennsic

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 21 17:22:06 PDT 2006

Greetings Scribes,
My pilgrimage completed, I've returned to Ansteorra from a very educational (and fun) trip to the
lands of Pennsic Wars.  There were so many classes, conflicts abounded everywhere and hard
decisions were made.  I took as many scribal classes a possible, and wished that you were by my
side soaking up the information.

Hopefully, in the next few weeks, as I unearth handouts and class samples, and purchases from my
trunks, I'll share some of the class information and ideas with you online.

I'm also excited about the week long class series by AEthelmarc scribes for Beginning and Advanced
Scribes, where daily exercises built till a final project was done.  Sadly, I was unable to
participate due to my schedule, but they have promised me a copy of the corriculum for our files
and exploration, which I'll share with you.  AEthelmarc scribes held a fundraiser while back to
buy a period canvas tent, large enough to host classes under for the week, along with some other
supplies - don't know if we are quite at that point, but worth cosidering.

The A&S Exhibit was fabulous, and I hope to download my images soon.   AEthelmarc also hosted a
scribal tea, where portfolios were on display with some phenominal work seen.   Sara Penrose's
Laurel scroll for Eleanor Fairchild and the Ansteorran Rapier Prize scroll by Natalia Auvert and
Sabine Dubois was on display; as well as a welcome portfolio display by Mistress Serena Lascelles.

What did I purchase?  - lessee - some vellum sheets to play with from three vendors, some pigments
and pigment kits, and some gesso guilding sets... I had to limit myself, else would have bought a
whole lot more from the four scribal vendors.   Fun, fun!

Don't forget that Laurel's Prize Tourney is just round the corner, please send the autocrat your
registration information so they have space for your entries.  I'll bring my toys to show at
Laurel's Prize, if you attend.

Cheers, Hillary Greenslade, Signet