[Scriptoris] science and art

nweders at mail.utexas.edu nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Dec 4 09:41:21 PST 2006

Thanks for the link Darius.

Daniel Smith and his wonderful company, has, over the past several years,
put out a series of pure pigment watercolors which I find fascinating and
of interest. They are aquareous watercolor rather than gouache or body
color but I think it's interesting.  Over the last couple of months, I have
slowly been gathering pure pigment powder from Sinopia for attempting some
egg tempera.

I found another article on line that  talks about the glass beads used in
oil painting as a technique for adding color and light to a painting.  the
article you sent talks about it to a degree but that was a surprise to me.

Thanks for sharing!

Clare

-