[Scriptoris] Kingdom A&S scribal competitions wordfame

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 21 11:19:07 PST 2006

Hazzah!! to those artisans that created scribal, printing and book related items and were selected
for the Gulf War competitions and displays:

Per Mistress Ariella's listing:
> Our five Champions are:
> Fridhur Haralds-Tudor embroidered satin bookbinding

> Our ten display artist are:
> Rhiannon Redwulf-Book bound from 1492 example
> Oriana della Francesca-Maciejowski-style folio (illumination)
> Lyonette van Leyden-wood block carving for printing
> Serafina de Gratia-playing cards

Additional wordfame to others who competed in scribal, book and related arts:
Catherine Barbary - calligraphy and illumination page
Hillary Greenslade - pair of calligraphy and illumination pages

I was also impressed with the two cloth bound books, one with couched gold wire,
and one in black work; as well as Ciard's needlework piece, that reminded me of a
book of hours page; and Vincenzo's necklace adapted from a Rosary from an illuminated
page.  The prize scroll was after the Mira Calligraphia by Mistress Dyan, and a wonder
to behold.

Well done all!
Cheers, Hillary Greenslade, Star Signet