Fwd: [Scriptoris] UH Library Exhibit on manuscripts Sund Jan. 29th Cancelled due to equipment failure

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 26 17:00:00 PST 2006

CANCELLED!!  UH Library, Sunday Jan. 29th, following Queens Tourney.
I hate to do it, but the tour on this Sunday, 2pm, Jan. 29th, of UHouston library exhibit is
CANCELLED!

I was told the display was scheduled to be back up on the 17th; but the curator said today the
humidifier/dehumidifier part has not arrived, so majority of the books are not back in the display
cases.  Exhibit is to run till Feb. 17th, so maybe we'll still get a chance to see it and they may
extend due to the issue.  There were a few large books on display in separate cases, you may still
be able to view those on your own.

Many of the books in the display were from the UH Special Collections and we can see those at our
visit on March 25th; but UH had borrowed books from a Catholic, Jewish and Muslim libraries, that
will be hard to view elsewhere.   So, keep your fingers crossed that we get another chance, the
curator is to keep me posted on when the exhibit is back up.

I'm very excited about how many of you were interest in attending!
Cheers, Hillary