[Scriptoris] AHSS Thank you's

Steve K. Rourke steverourke at charter.net
Mon Jul 24 10:16:33 PDT 2006

This year's AHSS was a fun event, and went off with only being slightly
behind schedule at the start.  Everyone seemed to have a good time and from
what I've heard the only complaint was having to decide on which class to
take.

We had a total of 74 people come through gate. The site was a nice facility,
and thanks to everyone making sure to keep things clean and staightened up
they are looking forward to having the SCA use their facility again sometime
in the future. Because of how nicely the site was kept and cleaned up after
the event we got our cleaning deposit back that evening.

I am still working on collecting electronic copies of the class handouts to
put on a CD for those who weren't able to take all the classes they wanted
or were unable to attend. So far I have 5 of the handouts from this year's
symposium along with an article by Tostig Logiosophia entitled ABPS: A
PHILOSOPHY OF SUBMITTING SCA HERALDRY which wasn't a class but is still a
useful thing for heralds ands submitters to read. If you taught a class and
have a handout that you would allow to be on this CD please send it so I may
include it.

If you have any comments about how things can be improved or changed for the
next symposium please send your suggestions to the Star Principal Herald,
Star Signet, and myself so that when we sit down sometime in the near future
for a debrief of this years we can have a lst of ideas for the next
autocrat.

As a first time autocrat I can only say that the event would not have gone
as smoothly without the excellent people who assisted me in ths:

Lady Prudence the Curious for finding the site for us and acted as site
coordinator

Lady Janie of Dragonsfire Tor for running gate

Lady Elizabeth Pendarvis for the wonderful food

Mistress Hillary Greenslade for coordinating the schedule of classes

The 21 wonderful people who volunteered to teach classes

The members of the Shire of Emerald Keep who came and helped with set-up,
helping out where help was needed (especially Douglas who I only saw sit
down a couple times).

And last but certainly not least everyone who came to take classes and spend
time visiting with old friends, and making new ones

Domhnall Dubh O'Ruairc
Event Steward
Eclipse Herald