[Scriptoris] Illumination Class at King's College

paula hanna pippermint at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 14 07:03:30 PDT 2006

Just a reminder to everyone that I will be teaching a class on techniques for painting an
illumination. It doesn't yet appear on the registration page, so everyone please keep
checking, I would really love to have people in my class. ;o) It will be at 9 in the
morning (I love the smell of gesso in the morning!), so everyone be sure to check it out.

Techniques for Painting a Period Illumination - Baroness Oriana della Francesca
This class will be an instructional demonstration, with some hands-on applications, of
the techniques involved in painting a period illumination. We will touch on such subjects
as gessoing, gold leaf application, mixing period pigments and hints on shading and
highlighting. Take-home items include a parchment sample with examples of all these media
for future reference and handouts with sources and instructions.

Time: 55 min
Class Limit: 10
Fees: $2 for parchment swatches and handouts

See you there!
Oriana

---

As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no ev-- hey! A penny!