[Scriptoris] Sable Crane or Thistle?

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 7 17:05:26 PST 2006

Ansteorran scribes -
A question was recently posed to me, and I thought I'd find out what you guys thought.

If a gentle paints charters, paints them well, and paints lots of them...
but only paints charters, doesn't design the illumination or do calligraphy....
should they be recommended for a:
Sable Crane - for the service they are doing?
Sable Thistle - for the artwork they are doing?

If a Sable Thistle?  should the category be:
- Illumination?  - perhaps one who designs and paints their illuminations?
- Charter Painting? - found 1 Ansteorran who has received a thistle in this category.
- Limning?  -  defined as 'to draw or paint', 'line drawings', 'painter of portraits'.
- Artwork?  - or would artwork be too generic a term.

Let me know what you guys thing,
Hillary