[Scriptoris] Borders

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 20 17:22:19 PST 2006

Greetings Scribes,
Through my recent travels, I've had the pleasure and privilege to view a number of original and
prize mass-production scrolls.  I'm ever in awe of the beauty that Ansteorran scribes produce.

However, I must remind some of you (stomping my foot on my soapbox) - 'Borders, Borders, Borders'!
(and I don't mean the bookstore - grin)

Please remember to draw in between .5in to 1.5 inch border around the edge of your paper, before
you ever draw artwork or do calligraphy.  Even if the recipient is not going to use a matboard in
framing, they will loose the visual of at least a quarter inch of paper hidden under the frame
edging.  If in doubt, put the paper into a temporary frame or behind a mat-board to check out
spacing before you begin your work.  Consider not only the nice painted paper, but the finished
presentation and protection of this artwork.

Cheers, Hillary
(stepping down off soapbox)