[Scriptoris] Trimaris Golden Quill Competition [Jacksonville, FL]

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 16 16:30:09 PST 2006

--- Ysabeau <lady.ysabeau at gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought 7 hours seemed like a rather short period of time to design, draw,
> and paint a custom scroll...but then I'm inexperienced at it. Or would this
> be kind of an "Iron Chef" type of thing with the secret ingredient to be
> revealed at the last minute? I guess if you know ahead of time you can have
> the design ready to transfer either from a draft or your head...

If you get to attend Gulf Wars anytime, be sure to wander into and sit a spell in teh Scribes
building - yes, we have our own building, it's dry and (sorta) clean, you can leave your supplies
there, and paint all day, and a good part of each night if you want - tho the caretaker who sleeps
there for building security may drive you out after 9-10pm.

It's fun to see what the other kingdoms do - from Trimaris, Meridies, Calontir, a whole slew of
'em, and some of these kingdoms do nothing but original scrolls for all awards.  A good portion of
the AoA awards created can be relatively simple, some of our AoA Charters are more complex than
what they do original.  But, then again, a bunch of what they do in original is really very cool
and they get a lot of experience working so much - so check it out when next you are at Gulf Wars.

Hillary