[Scriptoris] Plea for more examples of scrolls on the website

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 26 13:35:53 PDT 2006

Scribes,
Yes, there is a library of charter painted samples that Zubeydah has been working on and she has
wanted and asked for more samples on it.

The guidelines for new charter designs include having the artisan who created that charter send in
a painted sample, so it's know how that artisan intended the colors to be done.  Then it's our
hope the artisan will grant permission to put an image online, and it will be added to this
gallery.

Additionally, Zubeydah hopes to identify an image of the original to provide a link to, so the
viewer can see the orginal manuscript colors.  As for using images from books, currently, we can't
do that unless we have publisher permissions.

Remember for all online images (including the scribes original work gallery), Zubeydah requires a
publication permission form:
http://scribe.ansteorra.org/Resources/Release.pdf

On some of the charters, the instruction tab will site the manuscript and book the design
inspiration came from; so if you have access to a good library, scribe library or library
inter-loan, you can view the image up close and personal.   If we can find an online version of
the manuscript, Zubeyday's charter gallery pages will include a link.

Cheers, Hillary