[Scriptoris] Sable Crane or Thistle?

Simone Ui'Dunlaingh simonemu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 08:48:29 PST 2006

I would say both. I would also check the OP id the individual in
question already has a Sable Crane. thier service to kingdom has
already been recognized. now would be the time to look at the quality
of work that  do.

Yes anyone can sit down and atempt to paint a charter. but in time
thier skill with paint and brush improve. yes they are painting soeone
elses design. but it still takes tallent. I would liken it to a
performer (go figure I am a bard) many Bards in this kingdom have been
recognized with a thistle for Bardcraft Myself included who perform
the works writen by others. we did not write the origninal but our
skill in preforming make the writen work a peice of art.

the same can be said for charters. one may not create the original
design. but for that black and white line drawing to becoe a work of
art. that requiers talent also.

If their expertis lies in the painting of chaters. I think a Sable
thistle for charter painting is appropriate.

That is my 2 cents worth

Lady Maurrian Ui'Dunlaingh

(simone)

On 3/7/06, Hillary Greenslade <hillaryrg at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ansteorran scribes -
> A question was recently posed to me, and I thought I'd find out what you guys thought.
>
> If a gentle paints charters, paints them well, and paints lots of them...
> but only paints charters, doesn't design the illumination or do calligraphy....
> should they be recommended for a:
> Sable Crane - for the service they are doing?
> Sable Thistle - for the artwork they are doing?
>
> If a Sable Thistle?  should the category be:
> - Illumination?  - perhaps one who designs and paints their illuminations?
> - Charter Painting? - found 1 Ansteorran who has received a thistle in this category.
> - Limning?  -  defined as 'to draw or paint', 'line drawings', 'painter of portraits'.
> - Artwork?  - or would artwork be too generic a term.
>
> Let me know what you guys thing,
> Hillary

Simone Ui'Dunlaingh
http://kyiare.bebo.com