[Scriptoris] seeking some constructive critique

Zubeydah Jamilla al-Badawiyya zubeydah at northkeep.org
Wed May 3 21:49:20 PDT 2006

Good evening, Artists of Ansteorra:

I'm mostly a self-taught brushwork person, having only had the chance to go to two classes, and having no formal artistic training or background.  So most of what I've figured out, I've done by staring long and hard at various books, or a lot of trial and error.

I know there's another level (or several) beyond what I'm accomplishing, but I'm not sure where to go with my charter painting at this point.  So, I was hoping that my fellow scribes and illuminors might be willing to help me with some constructive critique.

I just finished two charters this weekend, and would dearly love any suggestions for a more 'finished' / 'polished' / .. well... BETTER work. I'm not sure if the scans show that I am doing highlighting, but its not something I have a lot of confidence in.

http://zubeydah.northkeep.org/projects/scrolls/scroll45.jpg

http://zubeydah.northkeep.org/projects/scrolls/scroll46.jpg

I deeply appreciate any feedback, either on the list or privately.

In guache-splattered service,

- Zubeydah