[Scriptoris] Scribal Wordfame - Bonwicke A&S Champ a Scribe!

Kimberly Langhans sarapenrose at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 11 10:37:42 PST 2007

I had the good fortune to attend this event, and must
note that although this was Lady Clairiandra's first
piece of illumination (a lovely image of Saint
Barbara), she had executed it on vellum that she
stretched and prepared herself, and used a quill pen
that she cut herself to ink in some of the decorative
flourishes. It was both inspirational and humbling to
see such a new artisan attempting such a complex
piece.

Clairiandra tells me she is interested in calligraphy,
too - I can't wait to see more work from this talented
lady!

Sara