[Scriptoris] Scroll competition

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 31 15:40:42 PST 2007

--- hsetrinity at aol.com wrote:
> I had to leave court at Queen's/Coronation early due to exhausted and freezing children -Can
> someone post the winner(s) of the populace vote scroll competition? Inquiring minds want to know
> :-) Thanks!
>
> Also, for those of you on the list that I met and spoke with at the A&S Booth, I am looking for
> a good online source for the "Elephant Hide" parchment paper that I used for the Kingdom A&S
> scroll. Stay tuned!

Thanks for reminding me Suzanne, I had the list of winners at home and kept forgetting to post it.
 I just posted, so check the lists.

A primary point of this bi-annual contest is to recognize scribes for their efforts and for
excellence.  A second, just as important focus for me when I began this bi-annual contest at
Coronation, was so the populace of Ansteorra could see the fabulous work Ansteorran Scribes are
able to accomplish.   The ‘contest’ part is my shameless attempt to get you guys to enter by
bribing Scribes with books as prizes – guess it’s working, huh?

I’m thrilled with each fighter in armor who takes time to view the scrolls up close and personal
and maybe even take a look at the documentation – as that fighter could be the next king; or the
child who looks at the artwork and starts to ask questions; and most of all the would-be scribe
who wants to know what it takes to be a scribe, as perhaps the next Coronation their work will be
on display.

Congrats to all who participated!