[Scriptoris] Insignia

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 5 17:25:49 PDT 2007

Thank you for asking.

  The new pages for the Insignia are being worked on diligently by our web admin over the last few months.  I've seen the prototype, and it's really coming along well.  The concept is similar to that of the Charter Library pages on the Ansteorra Scribes page.

  The main page has all the Insignia listed, with links to a following page, where details of the blazon, emblazon, Insignia specifications and several images of insignia artisans have made are all displayed.

  This has been a very active project by a number of us, behind the scenes, with the Web Admin developing the multiple pages, Sable Scroll supplying samples of the best insignia and Star Signet taking pictures of the images and collecting permissions for webposting.

  Last, an article or two will be on the main page, relating to Insignia, with hopefully a few more in the future.  John's article is being adapted for the web.   Once the full set of Insignia pages go online, we will still be soliciting good images of heraldically correct insignia to display.

  Meanwhile, the Insignia for Ansteorra awards, and many baronial armigerous awards, can also be found on the Ansteorran Award Texts at:
  http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/docs/AwardTexts2007.pdf

  So, a little more patience, I think you will all be very pleased with the results.
  Regards, Hillary, Signet

Chiara Francesca <Chiara.Francesca at gmail.com> wrote:
  H.L. John Lightfoot, Ansteorran Insignia Deputy, in his class at the
fiber arts symposium two weeks ago, showed a wonderful chart with
clear pictures and descriptions of most of the insignia. He
intended to post it on the scribal website
http://scribe.ansteorra.org.

As of today the insignia portion of the site states that it is under
construction.

Do we have an eta of when this will be up?

Chiara