[Scriptoris] The Scribal Website

zubeydah at northkeep.org zubeydah at northkeep.org
Wed Jul 25 08:38:34 PDT 2007

Hello, scribes!

I come before you (yes, again! :> ) to ask for your help in expanding
the 'visual library' of charters. If you're not familiar with the virtual
library, in the library, we are endeavoring to obtain a clean scan of each
scroll, the instructions on how to paint that specific scroll, and
*importantly* a properly painted finished example.

It's the finished examples that I am *REALLY* needing... At your next local
scribal meeting, or the next time you finish a work, would you be willing to
scan or photograph your work, so I could use them as examples? This resource is
especially valuable to those scribes that don't live near others in the scribal
community, who might not have access to classes or 'how tos' or the advice of
other scribes.

I've been asked, "well, which ones do you need?"  So glad you asked - Here's a
list!

AWARD:          Code    Description:
Arc d' Or	AdO-01	Luttrel Psalter
Award of Arms	AoA-02	Meditationes vitae Christi (with dots filled in)
Award of Arms	AoA-04	Visconti Hours
Award of Arms	AoA-06	Visconti Hours
Award of Arms	AoA-10	Visconti Hours
Award of Arms	AoA-12	The Kiev Psalter
Award of Arms	AoA-13	Various Celtic Manuscripts
Award of Arms	AoA-14	Visconti Hours
Sable Comet	Comet-04	Visconti Hours (with border)
Sable Comet	Comet-05	Visconti Hours
Compass Rose	CR-02	Gothic Bar and Ivy (with bar filled)
Compass Rose	CR-03	Gothic Bar and Ivy (w/o bar filled)
Sable Crane	Crane-04	The Theodore Lectionary
Sable Crane	Crane-05	Various Celtic Manuscripts
Golden Bridle	GB-01	Book of Durrow
Golden Bridle	GB-02	Vita di Muzio Attendolo Sforza
Golden Lance	GL-01	Romans
Golden Lance	GL-02	The Anthology of Sylvester, Two Scenes from the Life of
St Gleb
Grant of Arms	GOA-01	From Viking Age stone sculpture in The Isle of Mann,
Pg. 51 of Early Medieval Designs from Britain
Iris of Merit	IM-01	Book of Kells
Iris of Merit	IM-02	Book of Hours / Master of the Haarlem Bible
Iris of Merit	IM-03	White Vine
Iris of Merit	IM-04	Canturbury Codex Aurius
Iris of Merit	IM-05	Judith of Flanders Gospel
Kingdom Artisan	KAR-01	Psalter, 12th c.(letter), 15th c (figure)
King's Lancer	KL-01	Ruskin Hours
Queen's Champion	QC-01	The Livy of Charles V
Queen's Rapier	QR-01	Canterbury Tales Manuscript
Rising Star	RS-01	Book of Kells
Rising Star	RS-02	Bar and Ivy
Sable Falcon	SF-01	Book of Kells
Star of Merit	SM-01	Lindisfarne Gospels
Star of Merit	SM-03	The Theodore Lectionary, St. John the Evangelist and
St. Peochoros, c. 1320
Sable Thistle	ST-02	Wood Cut
Sable Thistle	ST-04	Book of Kells
Sable Thistle	ST-05	Book of Kells
Sable Thistle	ST-06	York Gospels
Sable Thistle	ST-08	Visconti Hours (with box)
Sable Thistle	ST-09	The Ostromir Lectionary, St. Luke
Sable Thistle	ST-10	Visconti Hours
Sable Thistle	ST-11	Visconti Hours
White Scarf	WS-01	Wood Cut

Another item currently in development for the site is 'practice sheets' -- I'm
looking for those talented folks who have made practice sheets for illuminated
versals, diapering patterns, bar & ivy patterns, etc. If you have made such a
practice sheet and would be willing to share it with your fellow scribes,
please contact me off list.

In service to the College,

-Zubeydah Jamilla al-Badawiyya
Virtual Scribe to the College of Scribes & Illuminors