[Scriptoris] Pigments and mullers and binders, oh, my!

hsetrinity at aol.com hsetrinity at aol.com
Wed Jun 13 14:22:14 PDT 2007

Thanks to all the folks who attended my class on Creating Paint from Pigment at King's College. It was hot, the glair was smelly, and we had a few cases of unintentional cochineal paint due to insects flying/crawling/otherwise making their way into the paint during the mulling process, but I hope that you all enjoyed the experience and learned as much as I did! Special thanks to Lady Kaithleen Hamilton from Bordermarch, who served as my "Lovely Assistant®"  and helped me to haul boxes of supplies, setup the class, and clean up afterwards - words simply can't do justice to how much you were appreciated!
Several of you mentioned that you wuld like more information on suppliers for pigments and supplies, so here is a short list of some of my favorites:

Kremer Pigments:   www.kremerpigments.com
Sinopia:  www.sinopia.com
Natural pigment:  www.naturalpigments.com
Earth Pigments:  www.earthpigments.com
Gamblin: www.gamblincolors.com
Master John the Artificer:  www.icubed.com/users/jrose/jartindx.html

Inexpensive supplies can also be purchased at:
Dick Blick (BEST prices on glass mullers that I've seen! ) www.dickblick.com
Texas Art Supply www.texasart.com

Feel free to contact me with any questions - happy painting!

Baronne Suzanne Beraud