[Scriptoris] Developing the scribal website

zubeydah at northkeep.org zubeydah at northkeep.org
Wed Jun 27 07:22:19 PDT 2007

Hello, scribes!

I come before you (yes, again! :> ) to ask for your help in expanding
the 'visual library' of charters. If you're not familiar with the virtual
library, in the library, we are endeavoring to obtain a clean scan of each
scroll, the instructions on how to paint that specific scroll, and
*importantly* a properly painted finished example.

It's the finished examples that I am *REALLY* needing... At your next local
scribal meeting, or the next time you finish a work, would you be willing to
scan or photograph your work, so I could use them as examples? THis resource is
especially valuable to those scribes that don't live near others in the scribal
community, who might not have access to classes or 'how tos' or the advice of
other scribes.

I've had some folks who have volunteered to do so in the past, but I did not
receive works from all the folks who said they would send images and releases.
If you've discussed this with  me in the past, and you don't see your work
displayed in the Library online, please contact me off list to confirm that I
did receive *both* the images and required releases.

As well, we are always looking for examples of original works to be added to
the Gallery. These could be local championship prize scrolls, commissions,
peerage scrolls, commissions to the Crown, event invitations, etc. I'm pleased
that we'll have three new Gallery items for the next update, and I would *love*
to have more.

Another item currently in development is 'practice sheets' -- I'm looking for
those talented folks who have made practice sheets for illuminated versals,
diapering patterns, bar & ivy patterns, etc. If you have made such a practice
sheet and would be willing to share it with your fellow scribes, please contact
me off list.

Last but not least:  A new section is currently in development. Similar in
nature to the Charter Gallery, this section will show excellent examples of
award insignia. If you would like to submit photos or scans of insignia you
have created, please send them to Mistress Hillary for review and potential
inclusion in this Insigia Gallery.

In service to the College,

-Zubeydah Jamilla al-Badawiyya
Virtual Scribe to the College of Scribes & Illuminors