[Scriptoris] wish list for classes

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 5 18:51:34 PST 2007

Greetings Scribes,
This summer, we have a few opportunities for scribal related classes in Ansteorra.
King's College will occur June 9th in Stargate (Coastal), and Ansteorran Heraldic and Scribal
Symposium will occur August 18th in Mooneschadowe (North).

We often have good classes on calligraphy and illumination techniques.
The below list of class subjects have been discussed this last year, so I'd like to ask those with
experience in these areas to consider working up classes that have been in need of teachers:

- Framing for Scrolls - How to plan your scroll layout with anticipation that it will be framed,
what size frames to use, to mat or not to mat, custom verses ready-made frames, and more.
(perhaps someone who has experience framing artwork).

- Scroll Layout - drafting tips and tricks for laying out your scroll, putting lines on it,
measuring borders, using ruling tools and french curves, using lightboxes.
(perhaps someone with drafting experience)

- Creating a Class Handout/Article - How to create a class handout that also translates to an
online article.  Is the text clear?  Is there a bibliography?  Are images from original sources
indicated verses those created by the author?  Text fonts and layout guidelines described?
I'm not looking for thesis level writing, just good guidelines, as well as how to take a handout
and transition it to an article; as we increase out online education resources.
(perhaps someone with professional writing experience)

- Copyright Law guidelines and issues - Is our work automatically copyrighted, or do I, as an
artist, have to file paperwork?  Is there a fee?  How am I protected?
(perhaps someone working as a professional artist or as a legal expert - I'll be asking
Ansteorra's Chancellor (legal admin.) as well.)

These classes don't have to be offered by a scribe, perhaps you know someone that will share their
experience from work or other art mediums.  Ask them to teach.

What other classes do you guys want to see presented this year?
Cheers, Hillary Greenslade