[Scriptoris] Book of hours exhibition in Orange Texas

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 14:16:35 PST 2007

Very cool, thanks for sharing Kaithlen.
  I may just have to take that Tuesday afternoon off and drive over to Orange for the lecture alone...very tempting, will let you know if I decide to join you.   Kaithlen, do you know if there is a fee for the lecture?  I was not able to find that on the website... though I suspect they will use the exhibit fee for entry

  Found the link to the museum at:
  http://www.starkmuseum.org/exhibitions.html
  Details about the lecture are found here:
  http://www.starkmuseum.org/programs.html
  Exhibit runs from November 27, 2007 – January 5, 2008

  I tried to find the book 'The Medieval BestSeller: The Book of Hours'  indicated in the museum presentation by Roger Wieck, on the Pierpont Morgan Library website, but was unable to locate it. It's possible its the name of the lecture series.  His name is so familiar to me, then I found other books he wrote, definate must have's for the serious illuminator's library.  The book signing maybe after purchasing some of these books he authored.

  Pierpont Morgan Library and Museum:
  http://www.themorgan.org/index.html
  Time Sanctified:
  http://www.themorgan.org/shop/productEnlarge.asp?intProdID=409
  Also, the 'Hours of Henry VIII':
  http://www.themorgan.org/shop/productEnlarge.asp?intProdID=45
  And 'Painted Prayers':
  http://www.themorgan.org/shop/productEnlarge.asp?intProdID=41

  The display maybe a small one, but likely a very nice one.  And it's impressive they are bringing Mr. Wieck in from New York for the lecture.   I remember a very nice exhibit they had at that museum some years back on illuminated manuscripts.

  Thanks so much for posting, that exhibit may just make my holiday season.
  Cheers, Hillary

Kaithlen Hamilton <kaledain at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Greetings,

There will be an exhibition of illuminated Book of
Hours at the Stark Musuem of Art in Orange Texas from
Nov. 27th - Jan. 5th. They will also be doing a
presentation by author Roger Wieck 'The Medieval Best
Seller: The Book of Hours' on December 18th at 6:00
p.m. at the Lutcher Theater in Orange with a
reception, book signing and veiwing of the exhibition
to follow. I am planning on attending the lecture on
the 18th, if any would like to go with me please let
me know.

Kaithlen Hamilton
(M.K.A. Alicia Hargreaves)
Barony Bordermarch