[Scriptoris] heraldic artist list

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 18 16:30:16 PDT 2007

It may be a good idea to maintain a list, but you may want to broaden your request to the kingdom in seeking those who can draw or have graphic arts backgrounds, as not all are active in the scribal arts, but maybe interested in this project.   I know that Francois had at some time worked with a handful of Ansteorran scribes to teach them how to draw the heraldic images, Suzanne de la Ferte being one (now out of kingdom), and perhaps others.  I don't know what happened to those learning.

  There may also be some heralds who have clip art type systems, either online or in digital/catalog formats, where one can build their own device graphic images by pulling images together, don't know of any links offhand, but can do a bit of research if there is interest, maybe found on other kingdom lists.  I know there is one gentleman who will build your device images for you as graphic images and avatars to be used as one will, for a small fee, I think around $10. I'll see if I can find his link.   I also think that Da'ud is working on clip art systems for purchase that can be used to build devices digitally or for use of Heraldic Artisans.

  To begin, perhaps Star could designate a deputy to work on the project and develop other avenues for Heraldic Arts.

  Cheers, Hillary

Star - Ansteorra <star at ansteorra.org> wrote:
  Is there any interest in creating a contact list (for the
heralds/scribes websites) of heraldic artists to help submitters and
heralds with artwork for armory submissions? Maybe including some
illustrative samples for each person listed?

Alden, Star