[Scriptoris] Dead Sea Scrolls online soon

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 28 16:19:29 PDT 2008

Check it out:
http://chronicle.com/wiredcampus/article/3275/coming-soon-online-the-dead-sea-scrolls

A bit earlier than our time periods of study in the SCA, but still of interest to anyone who studies the paleography or manuscript arts.  I got to see some of the pages at an exhibit in Houston a while back at the museum of Nat'l Science, where only 12 fragments were displayed in very low light... but the museum was packed for those four months when it was on display.  I was surprised how very clear and lovely the calligraphy was.