[Scriptoris] Kingdom A&S

greddi66 at juno.com greddi66 at juno.com
Wed Feb 13 00:48:08 PST 2008

I am excited to see all the entries at Northkeep's Kingdom A & S this past weekend.  I am impressed with the work put into each and every display.  I found myself hoovering around several displays of my current interests:

(Illumination & Calig)
   Suzanne Gabrielle Marie Beraud- "A Quire (Quaternum) of Foliage Pages from the Gцttingen Model Book"

(Wine)
   Damon Hroarson wrote "The Vineyard Process: Medieval vs. Modern"
   Master Modius- "Weiss Wein, Rhein Wein, Riesling Wein (White wine, Rhein wine, Riesling wine)"

(Embroidery/Blackwork)
   HL Hanna von Dahl: "Reconstructing Designs from an Italian Sampler"
   Ly Angelique Le Woulfe- "16th Century Blackwork Cuff Replica"

I hope that one day soon I will be able to compete with an outstanding display as well. . .

I'd like to note that Suzanne received a perfect score
on her entry, and was chosen to represent Ansteorra as
one of our artisans at Gulf War.

All of the pieces entered were really lovely, and it
was very exciting to see so many people trying out
challenging styles and experimenting with period
materials and tools.

Regards,
Sara

--- hsetrinity at aol.com wrote:

> Greetings, scribes!
> As many of you know, the Kingdom Arts and Sciences
> competition was held this past weekend in the Barony
> of Northkeep. There were several scribal and scribal
> -related entries, so I wanted to give wordfame to
> the following:
>
> Scribal/ C&I entries:
>
> Lillias MacGuffin, who entered a celtic knotwork
> Pelican scroll that she designed and illuminated for
> Mistress Gilyan. Their Royal Majesties also called
> Lillias into court in the evening and welcomed her
> into the Order of the Iris of Merit. Vivat to the
> Honorable Lady Lillias!
>
> Annais Eleanor de Montgomerie, who entered a
> calligraphed piece, "A Poem to a Lover". This was a
> lovely piece that she created with quills and oak
> gall ink on calfskin ( I believe) vellum.
>
> The final scribal entry was entered by myself,
> Suzanne Beraud, which was a quire of foliage pages
> from the Gottingen Model Book created in period
> pigments and iron gall ink on calfskin vellum. For
> those of you not familiar with the term, a quire is
> a bifold of 8 or 16 pages, (in this case, 8),
> gathered and stitched together. This is one of the
> steps in bookbinding. If you are interested in more
> details on how to create a quire,?please feel free
> to?email me privately.
>
> Scribal-related entries:
>
> Clairiandra Delamere displayed a?beautifully-drawn
> silverpoint self-portait. Her?display
> was?interactive, with a gessoed page that people
> could sketch on to see how the silverpoint reacted
> with the gesso.?
>
> Mistress Therasia von Tux, a Laurel who has recently
> relocated to Ansteorra from the East Kingdom,
> entered a?sample of ceruse, or lead white pigment),
> that she created herself. (editor's note -Don't try
> this one at home, kids!)
>
> Thanks and congratuations to all who entered, and I
> hope to see even more scribal-related pieces next
> year!
>
> Suzanne
> Star Signet
<<<

Ld. Renault de Mont-Saint Michel

ps: names & piece titles retrieved from Mooneschadowe's Webpage:
http://photos.hailmog.org/news/kas_08.htm