[Scriptoris] querry about AHSS

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 30 15:57:26 PST 2008

Officially, I go with: 1 and 2:
  1) sideboard lunch included in site fee
2) sideboard lunch with separate fee

  #1: I prefer a sideboard lunch included in the site fee... less fuss and muss.
  Most of the time, it's hearty enough and generally filling.
  I'm at the event to enjoy the classes, so I don't want to waste time going off campus to find food - it generally eats up an hour and 1/2, too much time to waste.

  #2: With the sideboard lunch not included in the site fee, it lets those with difficult diets bring their own food and not pay for an extra meal they can't eat.  That's ok too.

  However, as an autocrat, in my opinion, it's sometimes easier to plan to feed every attendee, as it gives you enough money to budget the right amount of mouths, based on your estimate break even plus a bit more.  If folks have the option to purchase or not purchase the lunch, then you have to guess how many will purchase, and you can either run out of meals or not sell enough meals; either way it leaves some attendees without food to purchase or costs the host group in meals not sold making a deficit.  From a financial perspective, it's easier for a branch to just expect everyone attending will get a lunch meal included.  Most branches try to provide a regular and a vegetarian option.

  Cheers, Hillary

Star - Ansteorra <star at ansteorra.org> wrote:
  Looking ahead to AHSS, I just wanted to get an idea of what people
would prefer to do for lunch. Options include:

1) sideboard lunch included in site fee
2) sideboard lunch with separate fee
3) no planned lunch (nearby restaurants)
4) potluck lunch
5) other (specify)

Your input is appreciated.

Alden, Star