[Scriptoris] KWHSS updates 03/2008

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 20 13:46:21 PDT 2008

Greetings cousins from Genevieve, KWHS event steward,

Topics in this message:
- wiki updates
- ACCEPS
- registrations at UCL
- setting up the class schedule

Updates
http://kwhs2008. wikidot.com/ start

I've updated the wiki site with a few details:
- some transportation links
- a list of who has registered so far, by SCA name
- a page for the class list, which is waiting for details
- a couple more names to the staff list.

ACCEPS
Unfortunately, we're still trying to set up the ACCEPS link with
our cousins in Ansteorra.

I'd hoped to have this squared away long ago, and I am sorry for
the delay. I think we're very close though - once our payment is
accepted and the info corrected on the page, we should be good
to go.

Edith the reservations steward is on the case, and is waiting
for a reply as we speak.

Registrations at UCL
After more discussion with UCL, we are currently registering to
stay at Astor College, which is across the street from Ramsay
Hall.

This is a change - I'd originally understood we'd all be in
Ramsay Hall. *

SO:
- event is in Ramsay Hall (scribes gallery, registration, and
classes, as well as breakfast service)
- most people will stay in Astor College

When you contact the hall to reserve a room, indicate that
you're part of the SCA and attending the heraldic symposium.
This will help keep our group together.

Good news: Astor is slightly cheaper (£26 per person per room).

Less good news: Astor is a self-catering site (ie. there's
kitchens on each floor) so you have to request breakfast, for an
additional fee, which is served at Ramsay next door.

As soon as I get hold of someone at Astor, I'll be able to post
the breakfast fee.

If you're staying longer for a London visit, Astor might be
handy - you have the option of getting a box of cornflakes and a
pint of milk and saving your pounds for lunch and dinner out.

Class Schedule
Robert of Canterbury has kindly taken on the class scheduling
role.

We have tentatively three main streams (heraldry, onomastics and
C&I) with up to 8 one-hour classes in each stream. However, what
we offer completely relies on what you, as potential
instructors, offer to teach.

Class lengths are flexible - from 45 mins to 3 hours, as needed.
Some teaching materials are available (screens, projectors) but
we have to book them with the university, so they're only
available by request.

If you bring a laptop, *please* bring your own power adapter!

Aryanwhy has already been in touch with many authors about the
proceedings. Thank you in advance for your offers, and
willingness to teach.

If you are submitting an article, please offer a class. If you
offer a class, please include an article!

As the firm class offers come in, Robert and Ary can add titles
to the list of classes on the wiki.

As always, questions are welcome.

Looking forward to September, regards,
Genevieve la flechiere
steward, KWHS 2008

* This comes of a miscommunication over what makes up a 'group
booking'.

KWHS 2008 is in Drachenwald
http://kwhs2008. wikidot.com/