[Scriptoris] Beginner Question

Kihe Blackeagle kihebard at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 11 15:52:56 PST 2009

my list (from memory):
Brush / brushes: (at least one each) "lining" brush, 0, 00, 3/0 (or as appropriate to scrolls currently being worked)
eye dropper
selected goache
one of the covered palettes, or at least A palette-equivalent
a stable-based container for water to clean brushes
glycerin (not everyone uses)
distilled / "fine" water
HB pencil
art eraser (Staedtler or equiv)

I have been using (well-cleaned) yogurt cartons as disposable cleaning / mixing cups -- and the plastic yogurt lids as disposable single-use palettes (by inverting a cup over such a lid, these can even be used to keep the prepared palette between sessions).

Amra,
dabblerttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe / Adieu, Amra Mike C. Baker / Kihe Blackeagle Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em SCA: al-Sayyid Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra, F.O.B, OSCA "Other": Reverend Kihe Blackeagle PULC (the DreamSinger Bard) alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com Buy my writings!: http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen http://www.livejournal.com/users/kihebard/ > Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 16:48:01 -0600> From: dietrich.von.greyssen at gmail.com> To: scriptoris at lists.ansteorra.org> Subject: [Scriptoris] Beginner Question> > Greetings unto the list!> > After an afternoon of painting charters during an event, I am hooked. What> I am needing to know is what is absolutely necessary, material wise, to> start doing this without resulting in borrowing from others?> > In Service,> Dietrich von Greyssen> _______________________________________________> Scriptoris mailing list> Scriptoris at lists.ansteorra.org> http://lists.ansteorra.org/listinfo.cgi/scriptoris-ansteorra.org