[Scriptoris] paper for original works

Sarah Redford reddragun38_2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 2 13:52:11 PDT 2009

Good afternoon,
I want to do a few better quality original works and enter the achievment contest at 30th year.  The only paper I have used so far is Bristol Smooth 100lb.  I have heard of Pergamenta and Arches.  Which brand, type and weight would be good for doing better than average work?  I realize this can depend upon the artist and the piece being worked on.  I just wanted some thoughts from those who have used these types of paper.
In service,
Sarah
Rosenfeld

Also, I am going to do some illumination and calligraphy on a wood surface.  Would it be better to do the work on paper and glue it to the wood, coat the wood with gesso and do the work on that or use another technique?