[Scriptoris] PIgment info sources

Elaine eshc at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 7 08:39:24 PST 2009

For those of you who are interested in a chart of red pigments and
manufacturers, go to Dallas' calligraphy club's news letter at the
following site:

http://www.kaligrafos.com/Library/Newsletter%20Archive/2009/2009-02-
FEBRUARY.pdf

I also like information from

The Wilcox Guide to Watercolor Paints (1991)

and the exhaustive (!) book

(Max Doerner) The Materials of the Artists (copyright renewed in 1972).

I know the dates are old, but so is my library!

More info is in the catalog of kremerinc at aol.com.. When the market
returns and I get back in, maybe I'll make enough to order some of
their Fra Angelico blue! I saw four works with FAblue in them and
they looked like a blue light had been somehow painted.

YIS,

HL Lete Bithespring, chronic pedant and sometimes scribe