[Scriptoris] OT: Brush...REALLY BIG brush

Elaine eshc at earthlink.net
Tue May 26 07:32:36 PDT 2009

Talk about a really big brush! Never thought about an OCedar one.
House painter brushes, but not an OCedar one.

Guess the biggest mundane piece I ever did was a "parchment scroll"
in Textura Quadrata with versals, advertising a charity ball for a
bank window in a remote NM town named Roswell. The "scroll" was a
white painted side cut from a cardboard box  that a mattress had been
packaged in, displayed by being supported by a 6-ft ladder, and
lettered with acrylic on a housepainter's brush, or double-stroked
and filled in for the caps/versals. The "seal" was a gold painted,
huge doily and the "ribbon" was (gift) ribbons glued side by side
until wide enough.

Keep in mind, this was before the SCA (1966 origin) had ever been
heard of by Roswell people (including aliens!). Wonder what we would
have done then (for I surely would have asked for advice and help)?

HL Lete Bithespring

On May 23, 2009, at 3:37 PM, Giertrud Gyldenstierne wrote:

> http://www.ocedar.com/emusic/main.taf?p=1

(YouTube painter at work)