[Scriptoris] Scanning Large Images?

Dominique Epps blueingreen at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 15 15:03:13 PST 2009

You can get a good result if you use the right camera.  A point and shoot digital will not do.  You really should use a copy stand, but short of that you can improvise your own.  You will need a 35mm SLR with lots of megs, and a tripod.  Make sure that your image is completely parallel (and flat!) to your camera and that your image completely fills the screen.  Defeat your flash and use two strong light sources coming at it from both sides at a converging angle.  Use the macro function on the shortest lens you have.
Good luck!
Domai