[Scriptoris] Libraries worth visiting, and not just for the book collections

Diane Rudin serena1570 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 16 21:52:01 PST 2009

A friend of mine ran across this site and shared the link with me.  I had to share too.

http://curiousexpeditions.org/?p=78

Librophiliac Love Letter: A Compendium of Beautiful Libraries: "Everyone has some kind of place that makes them feel transported to a
magical realm. For some people it’s castles with their noble history
and crumbling towers. For others it’s abandoned factories, ivy choked,
a sense of foreboding around every corner. For us here at Curious
Expeditions, there has always been something about libraries. Row after
row, shelf after shelf, there is nothing more magical than a beautiful
old library."

And some of them are here in the U.S.!

--Serena