[Scriptoris] Scanning Large Images?

Kimberly Langhans sarapenrose at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 15 15:19:37 PST 2009

I've been using a software called Panorama Maker:

http://www.arcsoft.com/estore/software_title.asp?ProductCode=PMK5PRO

Mine came with my scanner, but it looks like you can also buy the software separately. I've found it very easy to use, and it gives better results than Photoshop (which I've also tried).

It's a little pricey (about $80), but I think it's worthwhile. If you look at my scrolls in the online gallery on the Ansteorran scribal website, the knighting scroll for Miguel was pieced together from four separate scans using Panorama Maker.

If you want to save a little money, I think you can probably find an older version online that's less expensive but will still do what you need it to (the current version is 5, so you might be able to get version 4 online somewhere for less money). You could also try searching for "photo stitching software" to see if there's a shareware or freeware program available.

Sara