[Scriptoris] Round Table Follow-Up

Star Signet star-signet at herald.ansteorra.org
Tue Feb 2 09:15:55 PST 2010

Greetings Scribal Enthusiasts!

We had an awesome meeting of the College of Scribes at King's Round Table a
few weeks ago. It's taken me a bit to gather my notes, so apologies for the
delay in typing up this report.

There were about 20 people at the CoS meeting... an awesome turnout, and
intimidating for me to see for my first meeting as Star Signet.

Some of the highlights of the discussion were:

- The scribal website (http://scribe.ansteorra.org)

 I am taking over management of that site from the Sigillarius Pursuivant.
We need to update some of the code in the website to bring it up to current,
and I am spearheading that. I will be looking for a Scribal Webminister
eventually to step up and take over the maintenance. We're going to add
features to the site, like an up to date list of critical charter and
insignia shortages.

- New charter designs

There could always be more variety in the design of award charters that are
used in the kingdom. For example, there is currently only one design used
for the Sable Talon, Queen's Rapier, and Arc d"or. There are many others
that only have 2 available choices. I don't think that we can ever have too
many designs to choose from, so if you are interested in creating a new
charter design, please contact me.

I'll be sending out more of the highlights in individual posts as
appropriate, so keep your eyes peeled (or start rolling them if you know how
long winded I can get).

Regards,

Duncan

--