[Scriptoris] Pouncing Class at AHSS

Betsy Marshall betsy at softwareinnovation.com
Sun Jul 25 07:11:33 PDT 2010

I am soooo there!

-----Original Message-----
From: scriptoris-bounces+betsy=softwareinnovation.com at lists.ansteorra.org
[mailto:scriptoris-bounces+betsy=softwareinnovation.com at lists.ansteorra.org]
On Behalf Of Brian O'hUilliam
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2010 2:41 PM
To: Scribes within Ansteorra - SCA, Inc.; Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc.
Subject: [Scriptoris] Pouncing Class at AHSS

Drawing not your strong suit?
Ever see an illumination in a manuscript and think "I could never do that"?
Worry no more!
Learn how scribes in period would copy images from one document to another
using simple techniques and easily available tools.

At Ansteorran Heraldic & Scribal Symposium, I am offering "Pouncing:
Cheating in Period," a class for artisans of all levels.
Handouts provided and tools will be available at no cost.
Not just for scribes, pouncing was used for embroidery, all types of
painting, and many other forms of art as well.
We will dicuss a method of period image transfer and put in practice with
hands-on experience.

For more information on the event, visit http://herald.ansteorra.org/ahss/.

In Service,
Brian O'hUilliam