[Scriptoris] Fw: [ANSTHRLD] Ansteorran Heraldic & Scribal Symposium 2010

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 7 15:13:53 PDT 2010

Forwarded by request - Hillary

----- Forwarded Message ----
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 10:51:10 -0500
From: Darin Herndon <darin.herndon at chk.com>
To: "'Heralds List, Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA,    Inc.'"     <heralds at lists.ansteorra.org>
Subject: [ANSTHRLD] Ansteorran Heraldic & Scribal Symposium 2010

-----Begin Original Message-----
From: Star Principal Herald
Sent: Saturday, June 05, 2010 12:36 PM

[SNIP]

And finally, but probably most excitingly, I am happy to announce the
Ansteorran Heraldry and Scribal Symposium, to be held in the Barony of
Wiesenfeuer on July 31. Please note that this is a FREE EVENT! There
will be plenty of classes on matters both heraldic and scribal, so
please plan to attend, even if you're not sure there's anything you'd
be interested in - you might be surprised, and it's free, so how can
you go wrong? If you are interested in teaching a class, heraldic or
scribal, Maitre Etienne is the event steward and will be handling
class scheduling. I'm sure he'll be sending more specific information
about the even and how to offer to teach to this list very soon.
-----End Original Message-----

Greetings!

Since I am not on the Scribes' List yet (will join soon to expedite communication), would someone please forward this onto the Ansteorran Scribes' List for me?  Also, any heralds on this list from other kingdoms are welcome to forward this to your own kingdom's heralds and scribes; especially Calontir, Glean Abhann, and Outlands since bordering groups in those kingdoms are potentially close enough to drive and join us.

A few early details on the upcoming AH&SS:
        ~ Event is FREE.  Proof of membership required or you must sign a waiver; no NMS fee.
        ~ July 31, 2010 on the north side of the Oklahoma City metro area.
        ~ Site is adjacent to a road with many restaurants, hotels, a Barnes & Noble, a Fedex/Kinko's, etc.
        ~ One day event.  No camping.
        ~ Website coming soon for updated details and class listings.
        ~ Ad will appear in the July Black Star.
        ~ Class requests are being accepted now.
        ~ Please email me at "st.amaranth at yahoo.com" to submit or to request classes.

If you wish to teach or present a class, please email me with the following info:
1. Title of Class
2. Your SCA name(s) (as you want it listed on the class schedule and web site).  List all instructors if being co-taught.
3. A contact phone number (will not be published)
4. A contact email address (will not be published)
5. Timeslots are 50-55 minutes with a break between classes (referred to as a 1 hour class).  How many hours will your class require?
6. A short, one paragraph description of the class.  Please note in your description if the class has a focus (anyone interested, non-heralds, new heralds, precedence junkies, former Principal Heralds or those who wish to be one, etc.)
7. Is there an age limit on attendees for your class?
8. Is there a size limit (number of attendees) for your class beyond what the room will hold?
9. Will there be handouts or materials provided by the instructor which would require a fee?  (e.g. - $2 to cover photocopy expenses for handouts)  If so, please estimate what the fee will be.  Fee will be advertised as an estimate.
10. If possible (no guarantees) do you prefer a room with seating around tables or seating in rows facing the speaker?

*Please note that no whiteboards, blackboards, easels, projectors, or other presentation equipment will be provided by the site or the event staff.  Please bring what you need to teach the course.

With more to come...

Respectfully,
Maitre Etienne
Event Steward, AH&SS 2010