[Scriptoris] a few items from Star Signet

Star Signet star-signet at herald.ansteorra.org
Tue Oct 5 18:47:38 PDT 2010

Greetings to the College of Scribes and Illuminators from Master Duncan
Hepburn, Star Signet Herald.

First, I'd like to let everyone know that the original scroll assignments
for the upcoming reign have been handed out. Thank you to all who
volunteered. If I did not assign you a scroll this time, you will be at the
top of my list for any others that come up.

Second, I'd like to remind everyone of the charter design competition I am
sponsoring. Entries are due in early January, so I don't expect any to be
handed in soon, but please let me know if you intend to enter, so I can
organize judges and have everything ready to go for a quick decision. Scroll
wording and size requirements can be found at:
http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/docs/award_text.pdf

Third, I would like to thank everyone for their hard work through this reign
and into the next. We have had a good number of scrolls and insignia turned
in for use by the Crown, and they wanted me to pass on their extreme
gratitude. We the College provide a service that the kingdom rellies on and
everyone should be proud of how well we support the kingdom. I will say
though that there is never an excess of scrolls and insignia on hand. Please
continue with your efforts by painting charters and creating more wonderful
insignia.

If anyone has any comments, questions, or concerns please feel free to
contact me privately.

in service,

Duncan

--