[Scriptoris] Scroll salvage help sought

David Brown lddevin03 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 6 15:59:18 PDT 2010

I have created an original scroll and water has been spilled on it. I think I
heard a collective gasp...
Now the thing is that none on the paint was damaged, just the calligraphy. I
thought that the ink I was using was water proof but I guess not. I must go and
seek out waterproof ink for the next one.
Anyway. Is there a way to salvage the scroll? I let it dry then used a wet brush
to re-hydrate it and a cleah paper towel to suck up the ink. That worked well
but I need to try and cover up the spot. I am using gouache to paint over it but
I am afraid that even if it is covered up that ink will not totally dry on the
paint.

Any help would be great.

Lord Devin