[Scriptoris] Fwd: [SCA_S&I] Re: [ekheralds] KWHSS Shameless Promotion

Duncan Hepburn duncan at stormypetrel.org
Mon Mar 21 07:12:31 PDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mathilde Poussin <mathilde.poussin at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 9:10 AM
Subject: [SCA_S&I] Re: [ekheralds] KWHSS Shameless Promotion
To: ekheralds at eastkingdom.org, ekscribes at yahoogroups.com,
SCA_Scribes_and_Illumination at yahoogroups.com
Cc: scribe0002 at aol.com, SCAHRLDS at listserv.aol.com,
sca_heralds at yahoogroups.com, AtlantianHeralds at yahoogroups.com,
EKHerEd at yahoogroups.com

Happy Monday to all!

Just a reminder about the incoming KWHSS on June 24-26.
As the scribal track coordinator I wanted to let you let you know that
there is still room for a few more teachers. I wanted to point you
also towards my colleagues for the Heraldic track and the proceedings
(remember that these will be the durable documented trace of the
event).
Also, another reminder: there will be a scribal display. If you plan
on bringing your work, please let me know so that we can organize to
have it displayed in the best conditions.
Thanks and enjoy your day,

Brunissende

Please forward where appropriate

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 8:28 PM,  <scribe0002 at aol.com> wrote:

> Unto those who do read this missive Greetings from Gisela Nereid Herald &
event steward for the coming Known World Heraldic & Scribal Symposium!

> Please share this information with those who will find it useful and
interesting.

> KWHSS will be held June 24-26 in High Point, NC. All Heralds and Scribes
of any level or achievement are invited to attend. Details and eventually a
class list (though not yet) can be found athttp://kwhss.sca.org/index.html

> TEACHERS - Anyone interested in teaching classes on any aspect of Heraldic
or Scribal Arts and Knowledge please contact the Class Coordinators:

> ScribalTrack – Madame Brunisende Dragonette  mathilde.poussin at gmail.com
>

> HeraldicTrack – Lady Elena Modarova vnuka   dorathalia at gmail.com
>

> PROCEEDINGS-  We are soliciting articles for consideration to be included
in the KWHSS juried Proceedings on Heraldic and Scribal topics of all sorts.
Contact Mistress Alisoun MacCoul of Elphane at silverdragon at charleston.net

> The Proceedings will be given in CD form to each person attending
KWHSS.Extra copies will be available to order for $5.

> HOTEL– The event will be held at the Best Western Hotel and Convention
Center in High Point, NC. Grouprate is $69 a night under SCA, Inc. when
requested at (336)889-8888. We must have a total of 60room nights reserved
in the name of the event and the reservations must be made directly with the
hotel … not the 800 number reservations.

> ACCEPS - On-line pre-reg is coming ... I promise. My fault it's not up and
running yet. It's coming.

> PARTY– Saturday evening there will be a social gathering with period live
music, period dancing, Heraldic and Scribal inspired games(Heraldic Twister
and Laurel Says anyone?) An Heraldic Fashion show and lots of people who
share your passions. Barono Bessenyei Rozsa  is coordinating the Social. If
you have any suggestions for games andsuch, please contact her.

> Thehotel requires that any food or beverage in the meeting spaces be
purchased from them … and the event cannot sustain the hotel's prices so the
social will not be serving any refreshments in order to keep your event
costs as low as possible … however, there will be a ....

> CON-SUITE– There will be a con-suite stocked with beverage and
food.Individuals can bring food and beverages from the con-suite to the
meeting spaces … the event just can't provide it. See? It's all good. The
event will be providing a pretty serious spread of refreshments but we
arealso hoping folks will volunteer to bring food and drinks as well.

> MANUSCRIPTS– We are coordinating a scribal display at the event. Tables
will be set up and manned throughout the day to display YOUR works. Bring
works in progress, work you're proud of, work you want advice on,scrolls
you've received. Whatever strikes you. We want to share the talent that is
gathered in this organization.

> ALSO… we've arranged a tour of UNC-Greensboro's Manuscript Collectionon
Friday afternoon. Watch for details.

can be found at http://kwhss.sca.org/staff.html  Of course, I am always
available as well at Gisela.vomKreuzbach at gmail.com

--