[Scriptoris] Viking/Norse Illumination?

Donald Whitney dwhitney98 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 1 08:12:43 PDT 2011

Have fun carving that runestone.

You may wish to look here:
http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/callig.shtml

The author points out that inscribed staves and swords are more portable than an engraved obelisk(which weren't designed for portability).

The preferred gift for a job well done (ie successful raid - from which the name Viking derives; to go a Viking) for Norse is silver, but I do not recall seeing silver with runes on it:  Mostly twist-wire bracelets/armbands and a few symbolic hammer castings, and turtle broaches for the ladies.

Silvius, lurking