[Scriptoris] Scriptoris Facebook Group

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 17 14:22:52 PDT 2012

I somewhat agree with Lete.   I know a lot of folks are hooked onto the Facebook social networks, just as we used to be active on Yahoo Groups.  But Ansteorra does own our own network were the e-mail groups are located.

The primary advantage to using FB, in my opinion, such as the Yahoo Groups, is the ability to add documents and images, when one is referring to their works, and as a group involved in visual imagery, that can be an advantage, rather than waiting for someone to post an image up on the Ansteorran Scribal Website.  The website issue can be resolved, if the site is designed as a Content Management format, so specific persons have rights to update the page information without having to be a webdesigner... that maybe how it currently is setup, don't know.

However, a disadvantage - if someone is not using FB, then all posts will have to be double posted to both the FB site and the Ansteorran E-mail group, in order to keep ALL folks in the loop.  Who is going to make sure that happens regularly?
This is already an issue on my local branch site, which uses both the kingdom e-mail lists and a FB page.

Be advised that FB does not copyright protect your original works, to my knowledge, so if you post images there, it can be taken by anyone.
** You should not post images of Ansteorran charters on the FB or any other site, save for the Ansteorran Scribes webpages.   Ansteorra does use a strict copyright permission form for all submitted charters by the artisan:
http://scribe.ansteorra.org/resources/release%20form.pdf
Permissions are granted only to the use as a charter award, and/or to be put online at the Ansteorran website, only!

Regards, Hillary