[Scriptoris] Charter Opinions

Elaine eshc at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 24 09:27:53 PDT 2012

Are we still using the "vomiting bird" charter? Ugh.

Concerning new designs:

I was wondering if ability levels could be set for those who want to
paint designs already ready so beginners wouldn't become frustrated
if the historical complexity by the designer were out of the
beginner's level. Maybe the criteria could be include 1. the style,
like three colors in one petal, and the interstices of space between
areas of a white vine style and 2. the appropriate colors for an era
and locale of a Period design. Others might be considered later.

I have long advocated having a sample alphabet, majuscule and
minuscule, in the extra margin for calligraphers who later have to
fill in the blanks and are not the designer/calligrapher. That way,
the whole piece would look cohesive and not piecemeal when the
"filler-inner" doesn't know the hand the designer used.

YIS,
HL Lete Bithespring, Steppes