[Scriptoris] Information sought

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 21 16:03:12 PST 2012

Yes,  I believe you need to add a bit of water to the paint, then add one drop of gum arabic.  The gum arabic is essentially a glue, that needs to blend with the pigment granuals, and in order to blend with the pigment, you need to add water to the mixture.  It doesn't take much of the gum in the mixture, and too much can mess it up.   Of course, I'm talking about adding the gum arabic to the paint in a paint well on a paint pallet, not directly to the pre-painted area on a scroll.

Hillary